This Broccoli Ramen Salad is savory, candy, and has the proper quantity of crunch! It’s easy to make and has an addictive dressing. It’ll be on repeat all summer time!
Salad season is right here! Right here’s some extra scrumptious summer time salads you could take pleasure in: Black Bean and Corn Salad, Chilled Cucumber Tomato Salad, Creamy Strawberry Broccoli Salad, Creamy Broccoli Bacon and Cheddar Salad, or this Summer time Cobb Salad.
Broccoli Ramen Salad
Hello! Natasha right here from Salt & Lavender bringing you this tasty broccoli ramen slaw – the proper Asian-inspired salad. This salad might be a bit completely different than those you usually make, however it’s positive to be a success at summer time gatherings. Once I was a child, the “cool” factor we did throughout recess at college for some time was to eat uncooked ramen noodles blended with the flavour packets. Wanting again, it appears kinda ridiculous (and soo salty LOL), however this salad takes me again to these carefree days. This salad is extra refined and undoubtedly extra of a crowd-pleaser!
To make this salad further particular, I added dried cranberries and roasted cashews for nice texture and a wonderful burst of taste.
How you can make broccoli ramen salad
- Make the dressing (I discover this best to do in a jar).
- Break up the uncooked ramen noodles.
- Add all of the components to a bowl.
- Toss with the dressing and let it sit for a bit. Relying on how mushy you need the noodles, you’ll be able to let it sit for 15 minutes to a couple hours previous to serving. I like having a little bit of crunch.
- The broccoli slaw is usually present in the identical place because the pre-bagged salad mixes in your native grocery retailer.
- Need to add some protein to this salad? Add some cooked/rotisserie hen!
- Rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil might be discovered within the Asian aisle of most main grocery shops.
- When making the dressing, be happy to regulate portions (e.g. add extra oil, vinegar, or sugar) relying on private style preferences.
- This salad serves Eight or in order a aspect relying on how a lot individuals eat.
- That is completely optionally available, however one technique to kick up the flavour much more on this salad is to toast the noodles. It’s just a little extra work, however all you could do is put the crunched up uncooked noodles right into a skillet with a little bit of olive oil or butter over medium-low warmth. Stir it sometimes, and as soon as they’re calmly browned, allow them to cool previous to including them to the salad.
Extra ramen noodle recipes you could like:
Broccoli Ramen Salad
Prep Time 20 minutes
Complete Time 20 minutes
This Broccoli Ramen Salad is savory, candy, and has the proper quantity of crunch! It is easy to make and has an addictive dressing. It will be on repeat all summer time!
- 2 (12 ounce) baggage broccoli slaw
- 3 (3.5 ounce) packages ramen noodles (taste packets discarded)
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews
- half of cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- half of cup olive oil
- half of teaspoon toasted sesame oil (see observe)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- half of tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (packed) brown sugar
Add the dressing components to a jar and shake it nicely till the sugar dissolves.
Utilizing your arms, break the ramen noodles up into smaller items. It is okay if some items are larger than others.
Add the broccoli slaw, ramen noodles, roasted cashews, dried cranberries, and scallions to a big salad bowl.
Give the dressing one other shake and pour it over the salad. Toss to coat. I like to provide the salad no less than 15-20 minutes to let the noodles soften up a bit, however it’s as much as you the way crunchy you need them. You possibly can eat it immediately or allow them to soften up even longer.
- Toasted sesame oil is not the identical factor as common sesame oil. It has a really distinctive taste. You could find it within the Asian part of most grocery shops.
- For those who do not wish to use rice vinegar (additionally discovered within the Asian part of most grocery shops), strive white vinegar or cider vinegar. I might begin with 2 tablespoons and work my method up from there since rice vinegar tends to be a bit extra gentle.
Broccoli Ramen Salad
Quantity Per Serving
Energy 224 Energy from Fats 180
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 3g15%
* % Each day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.