It has come to my consideration that different bloggers have already began posting pumpkin and apple recipes. Sorry guys, I’m not letting go of summer season produce that simply. You’re going to have to pull me away from corn and zucchini the identical means you need to drag your 3-year-old out of the toy division at Goal–crying, kicking, and screaming, “I HATE YOU! YOU’RE THE WORST MOM IN THE WORLD!”
So yeah, whereas everybody else will get a leap begin on fall, I’m going to spend the subsequent two weeks having fun with the final little bit of summer season. I prefer to prepare dinner seasonally and summer season produce remains to be in season! I promise you it’s! Positive, you may be consuming apples and pumpkin proper now, however you’ll have many months to eat apples and pumpkin. What about corn?! You’re going to overlook contemporary corn in a month when you’ll be able to’t purchase it anymore.
what you need to do? Make this Candy Corn, Sausage & Thyme Pizza.
I make my Recent Corn, Poblano and Cheddar Pizza originally and finish of each summer season, however I needed to strive one thing completely different, so I threw collectively this recipe final weekend. I like thyme and corn collectively and since thyme is likely one of the few issues I’ve been in a position to efficiently develop this summer season, I believed I’d use a few of that on my pizza. After which I crumbled up a Discipline Roast Italian sausage that I had leftover from one other recipe and used that too. Discipline Roast is the one fake sausage I purchase as a result of it’s made with actual substances, however when you’re partial to a different model, that may work too. This recipe is fairly easy and fairly forgiving–including tomatoes, zucchini, or bell peppers can be scrumptious too.
What else is there to say? I like this pizza and I like corn. And I’m not prepared for fall but!
Candy Corn, Sausage & Thyme Pizza
Pizza topped with candy corn, vegetarian Italian sausage, and contemporary thyme.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 20 minutes
- Complete Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: four servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil + further for brushing crust
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 ears corn, kernels eliminated
- 1 vegetarian Italian sausage hyperlink, crumbled (I take advantage of Discipline Roast)
- 1 tbsp contemporary thyme leaves
- salt and pepper to style
- 1 ready pizza crust
- 3/four cup shredded Fontina or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on pizza crust bundle.
- Warmth the oil in a small skillet over medium warmth. Add the shallot and prepare dinner for about Three minutes, till it’s softened and simply starting to brown. Add the corn and sausage and prepare dinner 2 minutes extra. Take away from warmth and stir within the thyme and season with salt and pepper to style.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet or pizza stone. Brush the highest with olive oil, then layer half the cheese, half the corn and sausage combination, then the remaining cheese and remaining corn and sausage on high.
- Bake for time indicated on pizza crust bundle, or about 10-15 minutes, till cheese has melted and corn is starting to brown.