I do know I put up plenty of recipes with peaches. And I absolutely meant to make this recipe with blueberries or blackberries. Blueberries and blackberries! Two fruits that I’ve fully uncared for on my weblog. However somewhat nagging voice in my head saved saying, “No! Use peaches! Peaches might be higher!”
Often the voice in my head is simply too busy singing Poison songs to become involved in my cooking course of, so I figured I higher hear. If nagging interior voice can take a break from “Each Rose Has Its Thorn” on limitless repeat for hours at a time, this have to be vital! So I went with peaches. Once more.
I promise, subsequent summer season would be the summer season of blueberries. Blueberry every part! All summer season! You could have my phrase. And my phrase? It’s gold.
In case you’ve been studying Oh My Veggies for some time, perhaps you bear in mind my Candy Potato French Toast Cups recipe. I needed to try this once more, however with fruit. The factor I like most about making little particular person French toasts in muffin tins is that they’re portion-controlled and simple to freeze. Bake ’em, freeze ’em, and warmth ’em within the microwave for breakfast. It doesn’t get a lot simpler than that.
In contrast to the candy potato model, these Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups are candy sufficient that you simply don’t want so as to add syrup or sauce. With the dusting of brown sugar on prime, they’re good on their very own. Youngsters may even choose them up identical to muffins or cupcakes, which makes them an important back-to-school breakfast.
Since summer season is nearly over and peaches gained’t be in season for much longer, you possibly can substitute apples or agency pears for the peaches. And sure, you may even do blueberries or blackberries. Versatility? These French toast cups have it coated.
Brown Sugar Peach French Toast Cups
Completely portioned French Toast Casserole! These little French Toast Cups might be prepped the night time earlier than and baked within the morning. They’re so candy and flavorful, you don’t want so as to add any syrup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 35 minutes
- Complete Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 12 French Toast Cups
- cooking spray or oil mister
- eight ouncesstale bread, torn into half of inch items (I favor French bread)
- 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- three eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- half of cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- half of tsp floor cinnamon
- 1/four cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, divided
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or oil. Divide bread and peaches evenly amongst all 12 muffin cups. You may need to smash them down somewhat bit to suit them in, however that’s okay.
- Beat three eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in milk, half-and-half, vanilla, cinnamon, and three tbsp. brown sugar. Use a ladle to pour egg combination over bread and peaches. Cowl muffin tin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at the least 2 hours, as much as in a single day.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Take away plastic wrap from muffin tin and use a spoon to push bread and peaches down into the egg combination. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or till French toast cups are set and edges are golden. Loosen cups by working a butterknife alongside edges earlier than eradicating from muffin tin.
Prep time doesn’t embrace time in fridge.
- Serving Dimension: 2 French Toast Cups