Easy fall lunches—that is what I’m in determined want of proper now. I’ve gotten bored of nearly each single considered one of my go-to lunchtime choices, so when midday rolls round, I discover myself standing in entrance of the pantry, considering what I can do with lentils or jasmine rice. After which I simply surrender and have a handful of potato chips and a few olives. (That is the purpose the place you mentally insert a tragic trombone sound.)
Despite the fact that I weblog about cooking, I actually don’t like making huge elaborate lunches. After I made pasta for myself two weeks in the past, that was form of an enormous deal to me. I made pasta—for lunch! So I’ve been searching for out some simple, seasonal lunch concepts and I simply occurred to discover a good one on Panini Completely satisfied: Granola-Crusted Pear and Almond Butter Panini. Being lazy about lunches, I didn’t do the granola-crusting (and I do know I’m lacking out, I’m positive of it!), however the pear and almond butter on a sandwich was scrumptious!
One in all my favourite fall snacks is pear slices topped with a bit little bit of cheese, so I made a decision that this could make an excellent sandwich too. And thus the Pear & Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich was born! Oh positive, I’m positive different individuals have accomplished it many instances earlier than, nevertheless it’s new to me.
Since I’m perpetually counting energy, I used solely an oz. of cheese on every sandwich so it’s not a kind of tremendous gooey oozy grilled cheeses that get a lot love on Pinterest. However I’m okay with that. Y’all can put extra cheese on the sandwich if that’s the way you do.
Pear & Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Pears, cheddar cheese, and an excellent hearty bread—hi there, fall lunch!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 ripe pear, cored and sliced
- 2 ozsharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shredded (use four oz. for further tacky sandwiches)
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- four slices hearty bread (I used Sprouted Wheat & Sunflower Seed)
- Warmth a griddle or skillet on medium-high warmth. Butter two slices of bread on one aspect; place buttered aspect down onto the skillet.
- High bread with pear slices and cheese—put a bit cheese on the bread first, then the pears, then the remaining cheese. Butter remaining bread slices and place them on high of the sandwiches, butter aspect up.
- Prepare dinner till backside of sandwich is browned, 3-5 minutes. Flip over and cook dinner 3-5 minutes extra.