When deciding on a reputation for these cookies, I used to be all excited considering I had give you one thing completely authentic—muffin high cookies! After which I did a seek for the time period and, positive sufficient, a number of individuals make muffin high cookies. However! I’m the one one which’s made Apple Cinnamon & Quinoa Muffin Prime Cookies! In order that’s one thing, proper?
This recipe is mostly a completely satisfied accident. I wished to make a breakfast cookie that was low in energy and pretty substantive and wholesome. I made a decision to place quinoa within the cookies, however I wasn’t positive how you can go about doing it, so I tailored a recipe from Bon Appetit. One of many adjustments I made was to sub out white complete wheat flour for complete wheat pastry flour. In my thoughts, I couldn’t see a lot of a distinction between the 2–since I like complete wheat, I’ve by no means been one to purchase the white wheat stuff.
Properly! It seems that utilizing pastry flour in cookies makes them cakey. I used to be anticipating to open the oven and discover chewy cookies ready for me and as an alternative, I had one thing that appeared extra like muffin tops. I resigned myself to purchasing the substances once more and attempting one other day, however as soon as they cooled down sufficient for me to strive one, I used to be shocked to search out that they have been actually good. I gave one to my husband and he helped himself to a number of extra. So all of it turned out okay!
Though it’s sort of onerous to inform from the images, these cookies puff up just like the tops of muffins after they’re baking within the oven. So that you get all of the fresh-baked goodness of muffin tops, with out that pesky stump. With the entire wheat flour, oats, and quinoa, these make a terrific cookie to have with breakfast or as a day snack.
Apple Cinnamon & Quinoa Muffin Prime Cookies
Muffin-like cookies made with diced apples, quinoa, and loads of cinnamon. They style even higher when drizzled with just a little little bit of honey earlier than serving! Tailored from Bon Appetit’s Almond Cranberry Quinoa Cookies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 36
- 1 half cups complete wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- half tsp baking powder
- half tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- half cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/four cup sugar
- 1/four cup mild brown sugar, packed
- 1/four cup honey
- 2 giant eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 cup old school oats
- 1 cup apple, diced (about 1 medium apple)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk collectively flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Put aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, cream butter, sugars, and honey with a hand mixer till mild and fluffy (about three minutes). Beat in eggs and extract; proceed beating for two minutes. Progressively beat in flour combination. Fold in quinoa, oats, and apple.
- Spoon two tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto baking sheets, spaced one inch aside. Bake till golden brown, 12–15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.