There are two issues it’s best to learn about this recipe:
1. The title is a lie. There’s no queso in these quesadillas. However calling them “dillas” makes them sound like one thing cutesy off of a youngsters’s menu, doesn’t it?
2. Sure, if it sounds acquainted, it’s as a result of I made these with leftovers from my Candy Potato & Kale Wraps. I made a decision to save lots of the recipe for a wet day and its day has lastly come!
So yeah, about #2. We had tortillas and fillings leftover after making these wraps. However, as you noticed, I’m no burrito wrapper, so the second evening round, I made these Kale & Candy Potato Quesadillas for dinner. As a substitute of binding every thing along with cheese like in a standard quesadillas, I used mashed candy potatoes. Is that this bizarre? Okay, nice, possibly it sounds bizarre, however candy potatoes and kale go rather well collectively (that is considered one of my hottest posts, in spite of everything!) and so do candy potatoes and black beans.
Oh, and one word concerning the chorizo: if you should purchase Discipline Roast domestically, use their Mexican Chipotle sausage. Their sausage is made with actual greens, grains, and spices and it’s minimally processed. (Sure, I’m speaking up Discipline Roast once more.)
Kale & Candy Potato Quesadillas
Vegan quesadillas with kale, caramelized onions, smoky black beans, and candy potatoes.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Whole Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 1 small candy potato, pierced with fork
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 giant onion
- 1 half of cups kale, chopped
- 1 vegetarian chorizo sausage, crumbled (non-compulsory)
- salt & pepper, to style
- half of cup black beans, cooked or canned (rinse properly if utilizing canned)
- half of tsp smoked paprika
- olive oil cooking spray or mister
- Four complete wheat tortillas
- salsa for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place candy potato on a small baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 35–45 minutes, or till tender. Cool barely, then take away pores and skin, switch to a small bowl, and mash with a fork or potato masher till clean.
- Whereas potato is cooking, warmth oil in a big skillet on low warmth. Add onion and cook dinner till simply beginning to caramelize, about 45–60 minutes. Add chorizo (if utilizing) and cook dinner for five minutes. Stir in kale and proceed to cook dinner till wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix black beans and paprika in a small bowl.
- Divide candy potatoes, caramelized onion combination, and beans evenly onto one half of every tortilla, leaving about half of inch of area alongside the perimeters. Fold empty half onto the half with filling.
- At this level, you may cook dinner your quesadillas nonetheless you like. I wish to cook dinner mine on a grill sprayed with olive oil and heated at medium. You may also use a quesadilla maker if in case you have one or cook dinner them in a skillet on medium-high warmth, flipping over after tortilla begins to brown.
- Minimize into wedges and serve with salsa.
Prep time contains time spent baking the candy potato and caramelizing the onion. Sure, it takes a very long time for each, however it’s price it! For a faster dinner, caramelize the onions and roast the candy potato the evening earlier than.