No want to purchase costly protein bars made with fillers and preservatives. This low carb protein bars recipe is really easy to make at dwelling and might be custom-made nonetheless you want!
Protein bars have been widespread as a “wholesome” snack for a very long time.
Earlier than I began consuming low carb, I used to eat protein bars on a regular basis! They have been nice to fulfill my starvation on the go and tasted like I used to be consuming a sweet bar.
Now I do know why.
Many manufacturers of protein bars aren’t very wholesome in any respect. As a substitute, they’re filled with sugar! They’re mainly sweet bars with some added protein.
However I missed having these tasty bars after I wanted a fast snack. That’s why I made a decision to create my very own low carb protein bars recipe that’s truly good for you.
As of late, you could find a lot more healthy protein bar choices on the retailer. Nonetheless, many nonetheless use fillers and preservatives. Plus, they are often costly.
These home made low carb protein bars are gluten-free, don’t use any fillers, and are made with cheap substances. It’s also possible to customise them nonetheless you need!
You don’t even must bake them. You merely mix the substances in a meals processor, stir within the chocolate chips, then enable the bars to harden within the fridge for an hour or so. That’s it!
If you need a snack that’s handy, tasty, and good for you, give this low carb protein bar recipe a strive.
Tips on how to make home made low carb protein bars
This recipe is really easy to make, you could by no means purchase protein bars from the shop once more.
First, we mix most the substances within the meals processor:
- Add the whey protein, sweeteners, shredded coconut, and almond butter to your meals processor.
- Soften the coconut oil, then stir within the sea salt and vanilla.
- Pour the coconut oil combination into the meals processor.
- Course of the substances till they begin to kind a ball of dough.
Then, we stir within the remaining substances and let the protein bars set:
- With a rubber spatula, stir within the sunflower seeds and chocolate chips (or whichever add-in substances you wish to embody).
- Line a 7×11 pan with parchment paper. This can make it a lot simpler to switch the bars out of the pan and slice them later.
- Switch the dough into the pan. Utilizing a rubber spatula, unfold the dough into a fair layer.
- Place the pan within the fridge for at the least an hour to set.
After an hour, your low carb protein bars will probably be prepared!
I like to recommend lifting the combination out of the pan after which slicing the bars on the parchment paper. That means, they received’t stick with the slicing board. I lower mine into 15 squares.
What to place in your protein bars
Be happy to customise your excessive protein, low carb bars recipe nonetheless you need!
- One thing candy: I like including sugar free chocolate chips. You can additionally experiment with white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and even dried cranberries.
- Including some crunch: Any nuts or seeds will work should you don’t wish to use sunflower seeds. Pecans, almonds, and even pumpkin seeds will probably be scrumptious! Simply ensure to cut any bigger substances.
- Texture: Components like chia seeds or flax are a enjoyable strategy to mess around with the feel whereas including a pleasant well being enhance.
- Protein: I exploit whey protein in my recipe for texture and protein. Nonetheless, you can use one other flavorless powder like collagen peptides. You can additionally make these with a flavored protein powder. Simply ensure to scale back the quantity of sweetener you employ since most flavored protein powders are sweetened.
- Nut or seed butter: You may substitute the almond butter for any nut or seed butter you favor. There are many choices on the retailer! Or, make your individual by throwing the nuts or seeds within the meals processor and processing till a butter kinds.
How do you prefer to make your low carb protein bars? Tell us within the feedback beneath!
Different recipes to strive
On the lookout for extra snacks that may fulfill your candy tooth and maintain you over between meals? Try just a few of those favorites:
Low Carb Gluten Free Protein Bars
These low carb no bake chocolate chip almond butter bars with coconut and sunflower seeds have sufficient protein to fulfill starvation as a snack between meals.
Recipe Video (Click on on Picture to Play)
Print Pin Evaluate Recipe
Place whey protein, stevia extract powder, sweetener, coconut, and cashew butter into meals processor.
Soften coconut oil if vital then stir in sea salt and vanilla.
Add coconut oil combination into meals processor then course of till substances begin to kind a ball on one facet.
Stir in sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.
Line a 7×11 pan with parchment paper and unfold the combination out within the pan.
Place pan within the fridge for at the least an hour to harden.
Low Carb Sweeteners | Keto Sweetener Conversion Chart
Serving: 1bar | Energy: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg
Web Carbs: 2 g | % Carbs: 3.8 % | % Protein: 19 % | % Fats: 77.1 %
Be aware on Dietary Info
Dietary info for the recipe is supplied as a courtesy and is approximate solely. We can not assure the accuracy of the dietary info given for any recipe on this website. Erythritol carbs should not included in carb counts because it has been proven to not influence blood sugar. Web carbs are the whole carbs minus fiber.
Unauthorized use of this materials with out written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited except for private offline functions.
Single images could also be used, supplied that full credit score is given to LowCarbYum.com together with a hyperlink again to the unique content material.
First Printed: January 21, 2015… Final Up to date: Could 19, 2020